If you are reading this, chances are that you decided to go ahead and develop your new website with the help of WordPress. This particular CMS is one of the easiest platforms (if not the easiest) that can be utilized to develop your site. Here on this page, we will provide you with a step by step tutorial on how to install your WordPress CMS platform on your web hosting solution.
How to Install the WordPress CMS with BlueHost’ Services
As you can imagine, there are a ton of different web hosting services out there. With that said however, keep in mind that WordPress is so versatile that it can be installed on just about any hosting system. This particular page, will focus on the WordPress installation on BlueHost’s web hosting solution. The reason why we are showing you how to install the WordPress CMS platform on BlueHost, is because BlueHost is one of the most popular web hosting options out there. Even WordPress has in the past recommended BlueHost as the ideal hosting platform.
Here are the steps that you must follow when installing WordPress on BlueHost.
- For the first step, go ahead and visit BlueHost.com and sign in with your hosting account. If you are unable to sign in because you don’t have an account, check out the below offer for the best web hosting prices out there on the web. Continue to step number two once you create a BlueHost.com account.
- I am assuming that you are signed into your BlueHost.com account for the remainder of this tutorial. The next step that you will need to take is to go ahead and install the WordPress CMS on your web hosting platform. You will need to visit the cPanel in your BlueHost hosting account.
Note: If you have purchased more than one hosting plan, you will need to access the specific hosting plan and then click on the cPanel.
- As mentioned earlier, you can access the cPanel by logging into your BlueHost account and clicking on the cPanel button on the top area of the BlueHost.com site.
- Find the Website section and select Install WordPress.
- Click the Install button.
- Choose the domain name to install it to. In the field next to the domain, you can enter a subfolder such as ‘blog’ or leave it blank if you want the site’s main page to be the blog.
- If necessary, you can edit the email address, username and password for the new WordPress installation. Click “advanced options” and you can change those settings.
- Read through the license and service agreements and check the boxes.
- Select the Install Now button.
These are all the steps that you should follow in order to complete the installation of WordPress on your BlueHost platform. As you can see, installing WordPress on BlueHost is quite similar to the process of installing a software on your computer. You just need to follow a few steps to get the job done.
We strongly encourage you to utilize BlueHost for all of your web hosting needs. The reason behind this is the fact that BlueHost.com provides you with one of the most reliable web hosting services out there. One thing that BlueHost.com is known for, is their excellent technical and customer service support. If you come across basic as well as more advanced issues that require troubleshooting, the BlueHost.com Customer service team is absolutely amazing. For a prompt response to any technical issues, the customer support team of BlueHost is available 24 hours a day.
What to Do Once You Install the WordPress CMS
Now that you have successfully installed the WordPress CMS on your web host service, you might be wondering what to do next? Well, for one; you can go ahead and begin working on the design of your new website. This is where the real fun begins. You can login to your new WordPress admin panel with the newly provided credentials (setup via the BlueHost.com’s platform). Once logged in, you will enter the WordPress dashboard.
From the WordPress dashboard, you can plan accordingly and create the perfect website according to your exact specifications. For example, you can select your website’s new theme, you can install plugins, add content, and more. By utilizing the WordPress Dashboard, you can get your new WordPress website up and running in no time.
Conclusion – How To Install Your WordPress CMS
Now that you have installed the WordPress CMS platform on your new hosting account, you can take a look around our site to find many more tutorials that can aid you in creating your WordPress website. If you follow these tutorials, you can have your own website up and running in a matter of minutes. The great thing about WordPress, you can do all of the website design and creation on your own.